Webscorer PRO v4.8 adds support for a photocell from Cronopic that can be connected directly to the timing device via Bluetooth. No external timer is required in between which makes this solution must easier to configure - and less expensive to purchase.
This company is based in Argentina, but will ship its products anywhere in the world. We worked with the vendor directly in testing the photocells in our labs.
USD 299 Bluetooth photocell
USD 29 USB interface (required for Windows)
Shipping is free.
CONTRAST: PHOTOCELL WITH EXTERNAL TIMER
Note that Webscorer PRO can also be used with photocell time triggers connected through an external timer. The official FIS (international ski federation) rules require that an external timer is used for recording time stamps in all FIS-sanctioned races. Webscorer PRO supports these external timers (and their respective start gate / photocell attachments):
However, it is arguable whether these FIS-certified timer devices end up improving the theoretical timing accuracy as the internal clocks of today’s laptops and mobile devices have caught up with the custom-designed external timers, several of whose designs date back to 1990’s.
Configuring the photocell with Webscorer PRO is super easy:
1. Navigate to the “Hardware Setup” panel of the app
2. Set “Time trigger & race starter = On”
- Select “Trigger type = Bluetooth photocell by Cronopic”
- Set “Min time between signals” to prevent the same racer to trigger two time stamps
3. Start the race / race clock
4. The app will automatically connect to the Cronopic device via Bluetooth
- No prior Bluetooth pairing is necessary
- White “Race control” icon indicates a successful connection
The Bluetooth photocell is supported on iOS, Android, Windows and Mac versions of Webscorer PRO.
The USB interface is required for Windows devices.
PRO SUBSCRIPTION REQUIRED
Similar to external timer-attached photocells, the Cronopic photocell requires the Webscorer PRO Automated timing subscription. The free PRO trial (limited to max 10 racers on the start list) can be used for testing prior to purchase.