RELEASE OF LIABILITY AND ASSUMPTION OF RISK
For the Northwest Paddling Festival
(Please Read Before Accepting)
In consideration of being allowed to participate in the Northwest Paddling Festival and in any Northwest Marine Trade Association (NMTA) paddling related events and activities, I acknowledge, and agree that:
1. The risk of injury from the activities involved in this program is significant, including the potential for permanent paralysis and death.
2. I KNOWINGLY AND FREELY ASSUME ALL SUCH RISKS, both known and unknown, EVEN IF ARISING FROM THE NEGLIGENCE OF THE RELEASEES or others, and assume full legal and personal responsibility for my participation.
3. I willingly agree to comply with all terms and conditions for participation and with all related instruction. If I observe any unusual significant hazard during my presence or participation, I will remove myself from participation and bring such to the attention of the nearest official immediately.
4. By participating in or attending any event or activity in connection with this program, whether on or off the premises, I consent to the use of any photographs, pictures, film or videotape taken of me or provided by me for publicity, promotion, television, websites or any other use, and expressly waive any right of privacy, compensation, copyright or other ownership right connected to same.
5. I, for myself and on behalf of my agents, heirs, assigns, personal representatives and next of kin, to the fullest extent permitted by law, HEREBY RELEASE, INDEMNIFY, HOLD HARMLESS, AND WILL DEFEND Northwest Paddling Festival, Northwest Marine Trade Association (NMTA), Lake Sammamish State Park, State of Washington, King County, Kayak Academy, Mountain to Sound LLC, Alki Kayak Tours, their directors, officers, officials, agents and/or employees, other participants, sponsors, advertisers, and owners and lessors of premises used to conduct the activity or event (RELEASEES), from any and all claims, causes of action, demands, losses, and liability, including for costs, expenses and attorney’s fees, arising out of or related to any INJURY, DISABILITY OR DEATH I may suffer, or loss or damage to person or property, WHETHER ARISING FROM THE NEGLIGENCE OF THE RELEASEES OR OTHERWISE, which occurs as a result of my participation in activities or events of the Northwest Paddling Festival.
This Release and Assumption of Risk applies to and includes all known as well as unknown, unforeseen, unanticipated and unsuspected risks, injury, damages loss and liability and the consequences thereof.
I HAVE READ THIS RELEASE OF LIABILITY AND ASSUMPTION OF RISK AGREEMENT. I FULLY UNDERSTAND ITS TERMS, UNDERSTAND THAT I HAVE GIVEN UP SUBSTANTIAL RIGHTS BY ACCEPTING IT, AND ACCEPT IT FREELY AND VOLUNTARILY WITHOUT ANY INDUCEMENT.