Are you a track & field organizer, but you don't have access to expensive camera-based timing equipment? Or are you a pool swimming organizer, but the automated touch-pads are not available for timing the heats?
Webscorer PRO version 4.8 introduced a new Master / Helper device feature that makes it practical to time events with busy finishes using multiple devices.
FOLLOW THESE STEPS:
1. Create the master start list on one device
2. Set the timing mode to Master / Helper
- Navigate to the "Race Start" panel
- Tap the "Timing mode" option
- Set "Use helper devices = On"
- Select "Role of this device = Master"
3. Share the start list with other devices
- Return to the "Race Start" panel
- Tap the "Post start list" toolbar button
- Tap "Share via Bluetooth"
4. On each of the helper devices
- Tap "Race with start list"
- Tap "Download start list via Bluetooth"
- On the master device, tap the name of the helper device
- The app will auto-navigate to the "Timing Mode" panel
- Select "Role of this device = Helper"
5. Start the race from the Master device
- On the Master device, tap "Activate master"
- On all Helper devices, tap "Connect to master"
- Select the name of the master device on the Bluetooth popup
- On the Master device, tap "Start race on all devices"
6. Time the designated racer(s) on each Helper device
- For example, device #1 could time just the racer on lane 1
- Tap the "Send data" toolbar button to send the timing data to the Master
- The Master device does not need to do anything
- There can be only one Master device
- There is no limit on the number of Helper devices
- The Master device can also participate in timing
- Since the timing data is shared via Bluetooth, you must use similar devices
- You can mix iPhones, iPads and Macs
- You can mix Android and Windows devices
- But iOS devices cannot be mixed with Android or Windows devices
- The Master device can have "Live results = On" during the timing