Follow these steps to timing a point-to-point race with 2 devices running Webscorer PRO:
1. Download the preliminary start list from Webscorer.com to the 1st device
- Any of the start types can be used in a point-to-point race:
-> Individual start
-> Mass start
-> Manual wave start
-> Interval wave start
-> Interval start
-> Pursuit start
- The 2-device timing mode makes most sense for manual wave start and for individual start
- The other start options make sense with 2 devices if:
-> The person timing the finish must leave to his/her timing station before the start of the race, and
-> You want to retain flexibility to delay the start if necessary
2. Add day-of-race registrations via the “Start List” panel
- Once the start list is final:
-> Navigate to the “Race Start” panel
-> Tap “Timing mode”
-> Set “Timing mode = Multi-device splits”
-> Set “This device records = Race start”
3. Share the start list with the 2nd device:
- On the 1st device
-> Tap the "Post start list" toolbar button on the "Race Start" panel
-> Tap "Share via Bluetooth"
- On the 2nd device
-> Tap "Time a race"
-> "Download start list via Bluetooth"
4. Make no changes on the 2nd device:
- Navigate to the “Race Start” panel
- Tap “Timing mode”
- Set “This device records = Race finish”
5. Start race clocks at the same time on both devices:
- Tap the green “Start Race clock” button
- Thereafter, each device will be timing the race independent of the other
- The devices don't need to be connected to the internet during the timing
6. To time the race on the 1st device:
- Mass start:
-> Tap "Start race" (note this is done separately after starting the race clock)
- Manual wave start:
-> Select the wave to start next, then tap the “Start wave(s)” button
-> Repeat for each wave
- Individual start:
-> Tap "Fast-tap view"
-> Tap the racer box to start next
(you can also tap multiple racer boxes to start as a group)
-> Then tap the green timer button to start the racer(s)
-> Note that in a large race, you can use the keypad to pre-enter the bib number
-> You can also use "Normal view" and tap the racer box & start time together
- Interval start or Interval wave start:
-> There's no need to use "Timing mode = Multi-device splits"
-> You can simply share the start list & start the race clocks together
-> Either device can be used for starting or finishing
-> Since the start times are known, the finish device knows how to calculate the elapsed times
7. To time the race on the 2nd device:
- Finish racers as usual (the “Race Finish” panel looks like a normal race)
- Racer times will be “Race clock” times, the wave start times will be subtracted when the results are combined
8. To combine results from the 2 devices:
- Post the results from each device to Webscorer.com, or
- Collect the results from one device to the other via Bluetooth:
-> Tap “Race control” / “Finish race” on 1st device
-> Navigate to “Post results”
-> Tap “Collect split results via Bluetooth”
-> At the same time, on the 2nd device, navigate to “Post results”
-> Tap “Share via Bluetooth”
-> Your 1st device will now have the results
-> You can collect preliminary results (without finishing the race on 2nd device)
- You can also collect the results via Bluetooth to a 3rd device:
-> On the 3rd device, tap "Download races" / "Download via Bluetooth"
-> On the 1st device, tap "Share via Bluetooth"
-> Then, on the 3rd device, tap "Collect splits via Bluetooth"
-> On the 2nd device, tap "Share via Bluetooth"